Do you have problems sleeping? Do you suffer from insomnia
What is insomnia?
It’s not unusual to have interrupted sleep from time to time, sometimes excess stress or anxiety can cause short term problems. But, if you feel that you donor get enough or satisfying sleep, you may have insomnia, a sleep disorder. People with insomnia have one or more of the following symptoms:
- Difficulty falling asleep;
- waking up often during the night and having trouble going back to sleep;
- waking up too early in the morning;
- Un-refreshing sleep.
Insomnia can cause problems during the day, such as sleepiness, fatigue, difficulty concentrating, and irritability.
Insomnias not defined by the number of hours you sleep. The amount of sleep a person needs varies. While most people need between 7 and 8 hours of sleep aright, some people do well with less, and some need more. Insomnia and sleep problems are often caused by stress and anxiety as well as many other individual factors. In most cases, insomnia cane viewed as a bad habit and like all bad habits can be unlearned and replaced with a good habit i.e. falling asleep easily and enjoying a proper night’s sleep every night.
Hypnosis removes the obstacles to sleep and at the same time induces brain wave patterns that promote and are conducive to sleep.
Hypnotherapy can help you to sleep by:
- Re-educating your mind to expect to enjoy a good night's sleep.
- Teaching new relaxation techniques to help your mind and body to slowdown at the end of the day. (Sleeping becomes much easier in this state).
- Helping you to learn techniques to remove some of the noise from arcing mind. Insomnia and most sleep problems are a very modern phenomenon and representative of the pace of modern life.
- Helping you to understand some of the causes of insomnia and sleeping problems.
Learning effective hypnosis skills can help you to significantly improve your sleep patterns and can help with indirect effects of insomnia and sleep problems such as daytime anxiety and bruise (teeth grinding during the night).
In order to fall asleep, your brain must go from a BETA brain wave into ALPHA. Alpha state is where everything is dreamy, where visualizations are clear and that sleep switch in your brain is ready toilet you go into THETA, and be asleep.
When the conscious mind is busy, with worry, anxiety, fears, anger, emotional conflicts, etc. the brain has a hard time letting go of its conscious processing. Some people hear music in their head, repeat endless statements with their inner voice, think about work or other stressful events or just worry so much about not being able to sleep that they indeed cannot sleep!
Generally people with sleeping problems start worrying early in the day about whether or not they are actually going tube able to sleep that night. Once a night of sleep is missed there is even more worry about not sleeping the next night.
This PERPETUATES the problem. Worrying about insomnia creates the insomnia.
You can change it! Your brain has gotten used to the negative thought patterns and thus not able to cycle down to sleep any more. In order to sleep deeply, you are going to have to teach your brain how to go instantly into an alpha state, how to use subconscious triggers to eliminate worry and anxiety and stay asleep once you are asleep.
Hypnosis is very effective in changing your sleeping and thought patterns. It helps your subconscious mind to believe that you’re new thought and behavior patterns are real, which in turn lets you sleep again!!
THESUBCONSCIOUS MIND DOES NOT KNOW THEDIFFERENCE BETWEEN A REAL AND AN IMAGINEDEVENT.
Thesis why hypnosis works so well. Hypnosis creates the belief that something is possible, acts on it as if it is real, and creates a new outcome. In this case, sleep.
- Understand the need for sleep - the average person needs 7.5 hrs sleep.
- Realize that sleep is as important to your health as diet and exercise.
- Exercising 3 - 4 times a week improves sleep quality.
- Develop a sleep routine - in this way you will program your body and your mind for sleep.
- Develop healthy thinking patterns -worry is the biggest cause of insomnia.
- Practice - don't be discouraged, it takes 4 - 6 weeks to change habit patterns.